I'm trying to convert an array of T into a Variant (varArray).
With not-generic types (i.e: Integer), I'm using the following function:
function ToVarArray(AValues : array of Integer) : Variant;
var
i : integer;
begin
Result := VarArrayCreate(
[Low(AValues), High(AValues)],
varInteger
);
for i := Low(AValues) to High(AValues) do
Result[i] := AValues[i];
end;
I'm having some problems while trying to do the same thing with a generic TArray:
uses
System.Generics.Collections;
type
TArray = class(System.Generics.Collections.TArray)
public
class function ToVarArray<T>(const AValues: array of T) : Variant; static;
end;
I've tried the following:
class function TArray.ToVarArray<T>(const AValues: array of T) : Variant;
var
i : integer;
Tmp : T;
begin
Result := Tmp;
Result := VarArrayCreate(
[Low(AValues), High(AValues)],
VarType(Result)
);
for i := Low(AValues) to High(AValues) do
Result[i] := AValues[i];
end;
But It produces the following compile error at each row where I'm assigning a T to a Variant:
[dcc32 Error] Unit1.pas(36): E2010 Incompatible types: 'Variant' and 'T'