How to customize rss feeds in hugo

Viewed 337

I am trying to setup a blog with hugo on netlify. I am having trouble with customizing the embedded rss template.

Here is what I did in brief:

I get the following error message on my local computer using hugo 0.54.0:

Rendering content/post/2020-03-17-first-post.Rmd Rendering content/post/2020-03-25-sir-model.Rmd Building sites … ERROR 2020/05/21 17:40:54 render of "Blog" failed: "/home/seb/Projects/sbloggel/layouts/_default/rss.xml:9:19": execute of template failed: template: _default/rss.xml:9:19: executing "_default/rss.xml" at <.Site.Config.Service...>: can't evaluate field RSS in type services.Config ERROR 2020/05/21 17:40:54 render of "Sbloggel" failed: "/home/seb/Projects/sbloggel/layouts/_default/rss.xml:9:19": execute of template failed: template: _default/rss.xml:9:19: executing "_default/rss.xml" at <.Site.Config.Service...>: can't evaluate field RSS in type services.Config ERROR 2020/05/21 17:40:54 render of "Posts" failed: "/home/seb/Projects/sbloggel/layouts/_default/rss.xml:5:18": execute of template failed: template: _default/rss.xml:5:18: executing "_default/rss.xml" at : can't evaluate field RegularPages in type *hugolib.PageOutput ERROR 2020/05/21 17:40:54 render of "Tags" failed: "/home/seb/Projects/sbloggel/layouts/_default/rss.xml:9:19": execute of template failed: template: _default/rss.xml:9:19: executing "_default/rss.xml" at <.Site.Config.Service...>: can't evaluate field RSS in type services.Config Total in 67 ms Error: Error building site: failed to render pages: render of "About" failed: "/home/seb/Projects/sbloggel/layouts/_default/rss.xml:9:19": execute of template failed: template: _default/rss.xml:9:19: executing "_default/rss.xml" at <.Site.Config.Service...>: can't evaluate field RSS in type services.Config

Netlify spits out a similar error message (probably using a more recent version of hugo).

Unfortunately, the error message is not informative to me. Can anybody give me a hint, what the problem is and how to fix it?

This would be great,

Thanks and best greetings, Sebastian

1 Answers

Your version of Hugo may be too old to support RSS customization

Source

Related