how to solve Firebase CLI error on start up

Viewed 4874

when I open firebase CLI I get this error :

 Let's make sure your Firebase CLI is ready...
undefined:1



SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\snapshot\firepit\welcome.js:115:27)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:311:20)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (internal/child_process.js:443:11)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:311:20)
    at Pipe.<anonymous> (net.js:668:12)

enter image description here

I am using windows 10 pro

5 Answers

A solution that helped me after transferring the exe to C has failed, is deleting the folder:

C:\Users\{YOUR_PROFILE_NAME}\.cache\firebase

Hope this helps anyone

That is nothing to worry about, it only appears because the CLI by default assumes it is in the C directory.

So, copying the CLI exe to any other directory would show this message but, you can still use all the CLI functionalities as you wish.

Like what I did here using firebase init

Firebase CLI

I got this warning as well, but when I tried to init, serve, and deploy, it worked just fine. Good luck!

Related