Why Fira Code in VS Code lost after restart PC?

Viewed 908

I want to use Fira Code in VS Code to enable the Font Ligatures. This is my settings in settings.json. Note that I already installed Fira Code in C:\Windows\Font

    "editor.formatOnSave": true,
    "editor.fontSize": 14,
    "editor.fontFamily": "Fira Code",
    "editor.fontLigatures": true,

My VS Code change the font to Fira Code and I can use Font Ligatures. However, after every time I restart my laptop, then the Fira Code in VS Code is gone. I need to copy Fira Code font to C:\Windows\Font to enable Fira Code again in VS Code.

Is there anyone have this issue? How to fix it? Thanks.

1 Answers

Had the same problem and this solution worked for me.

  • Make sure to unblock all the font files in their properties (as shown here)
  • Install Fira Code fonts by clicking on Install for all users option instead of Install (as shown here).
Related