I have a parent table in schema A, when I try to select the synonym from schema B then it gives me error 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges'. Please suggest what is the issue here? patrent table is in schema A and my synonym is in schema B.
I have a parent table in schema A, when I try to select the synonym from schema B then it gives me error 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges'. Please suggest what is the issue here? patrent table is in schema A and my synonym is in schema B.
Just creating the synonym doesn't grant any privilege on the underlying object. You need to explicitly grant required privileges on the object. Also, privilege are actually not granted on a synonym, the actual grant is made on the object referred to by the synonym.
To grant select on the table, do:
GRANT SELECT ON table TO SCHEMA2; -- do this in SCHEMA1