I'm having an issue where my UICollectionView using UICollectionViewCompositionalLayout + Diffable Data source is not allowing me to animate vertical cell expansion smoothly. I have a single column of full-width cells similar to a UITableView, and I'm trying to expand the cell to reveal truncated text upon cell selection.
This works fine without an animation, but when I try to animate it I can't get it to look fluid if the cell below the expanding cell will have a final position out of the screen's bounds, as the cell will just instantly disappear instead of being 'pushed' downward by the animation. The issue can be seen in the linked gif https://imgur.com/a/ulj0p6n
This issue does not present itself if the final position of the cell beneath the expanding cell is in the screen's bounds, as can be seen here: https://imgur.com/a/uJ2RRRn.
I found an older question which appears to have a similar issue: UICollectionView animating cell size change causes undesired behavior
The answer there is quite old and does not help me since I'm not using Flow Layout nor am I using Obj-C.
I see many apps (Instagram for instance, when a image caption has "see more") that achieve the desired result without any animation problems using a UICollectionView so I'm thinking it must be possible.
