RStudio 1.4 - libssl.so.1.0.0

Viewed 2437

I am trying to install RStudio on Ubuntu 20.04. However, when I try to run Rstudio using the application icon it does not launch. When I try to use the command line to run rstudio it returns the error **rstudio: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory**. Can anyone help on how to sort this issue.

I am using R4.0 and Rstudio 1.4 (daily release). The version 1.2.5 colapses when I click in any menu icon.

Please, help!

2 Answers

I got an answer by executing the following statements in the command line: wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl1.0/libssl1.0.0_1.0.2n-1ubuntu5.3_amd64.deb

and then

dpkg -i ./libssl1.0.0_1.0.2n-1ubuntu5.3_amd64.deb

It is now working perfectly.

Thanks,

On Ubuntu 20.04, it's quite easy to miss the correct Rstudio 1.4 download, which is further down the downloads page (look for "Install for Debian 10 / Ubuntu 18 / Ubuntu 20").

This works perfectly without having to install the old, insecure libssl1.0, which is now libssl1.1 on my systems on Ubuntu 20.04

Related