I was trying to export files along with their revision history inside my depot folder from 2015.2 to 2019 perforce server.Also , I would want perforce to create new user on my new server corresponding to the commiter/submitter on my original 2015 repo.
Perforce replicate looked like overkill for my current task and then I came across this read on perforce's website that mentioned P4 zip.
This looked like it will solve my problem, but the article has a few issues I could not understand.
Let's say I am moving data from server1_ip:port --> server2_ip:port
I am currently following these steps
Making zip of folder to be copied using
p4 remote my_remote_spec, settingAddress: server1_ip:portDepotMap://depot/... //depot2/...
p4 -p server1_ip:port zip -o test.zip -r my_remote_spec -A //depot/.... But on this step I get permission denied error. This is weird to me because the user although not super/admin has access to files i ask to get zipped.
Also, when i did try with a super user, i could not find test.zip even though i was not prompted any errors.
- Isn't the above command supposed to generate a zip file inside the directory which i run it from?
- Is the unzip command supposed to be run after a p4 login from user of second server?
- Lastly, from the document why is a third port , 1667 mentioned in the transfer of files from server running on 1666 and 1777.