I actually came across the lerp function in many of the Flutter animations. I studied about linear interpolation. But I wonder how it's used in flutter and what are its use cases. could anyone explain it?
I actually came across the lerp function in many of the Flutter animations. I studied about linear interpolation. But I wonder how it's used in flutter and what are its use cases. could anyone explain it?
It linearly interpolates between two values, for example:
var color = Color.lerp(Colors.white, Colors.black, 0.5);
var value = lerpDouble(10, 20, 0.5); // 15
The color here would have a middle value between white and black.
You can also use it to animate color during dragging on tab view.

var unselectedColor = Theme.of(context).unselectedWidgetColor;
var selectedColor = Theme.of(context).primaryColor;
Color color;
bool isSelected = itemIndex == tabController.index;
int currentIndex = tabController.index;
double offset = tabController.offset;
bool dragToRight = offset > 0;
if (dragToRight) {
if (itemIndex >= currentIndex && itemIndex <= currentIndex + 1) {
color = isSelected
? Color.lerp(selectedColor, unselectedColor, offset)
: Color.lerp(unselectedColor, selectedColor, offset);
}
} else {
if (itemIndex >= currentIndex - 1 && itemIndex <= currentIndex) {
color = isSelected
? Color.lerp(selectedColor, unselectedColor, -offset)
: Color.lerp(unselectedColor, selectedColor, -offset);
}
}