Setting up presto for custom s3 using hive metastore

Viewed 333

I have never worked with presto or hive before. And I am getting pretty confused here about setting up presto with hive connector for a custom s3 service. Here are the steps I performed:

  • Installed Presto
  • Installed Hive
  • Set up valued in hive-site.xml
  • Configured hive.properties for custom s3 url as followed:
connector.name = hadoop-hive2
hive.metastore.uri = thrift://localhost:9083
hive.non-managed-table-writes-enabled = true
hive.s3.ssl.enabled = false
hive.s3.max-connections = 500
hive.s3.multipart.min-file-size = 20 MB
hive.s3.multipart.min-part-size = 10 MB
hive.s3.endpoint = http://endpoint.com
hive.s3.path-style-access = true
hive.s3.aws-access-key = AKEY
hive.s3.aws-secret-key = SKEY

But I am not able to understand if it is required to setup the presto.s3.credentials-provider class. And if yes, how? Is there any sample code for this? All I want to do is read a bucket from on-prem s3 url that has a path-style-access and query using presto?

Is the setup I have done is enough, because when I try to run hive --service metastore I do not see anything output and all it says starting hive metastore. How do I set up a successful connection between presto and custom s3?

0 Answers
Related