Post the question in a different way, because the previous one was closed because it was opinion-based. In the past I have developed several .NET applications that consumes WCF services hosted on IIS with MSSQL database. Now the company is asking me a technology switch (for licensing reasons - current MS server is getting old and needs to be replaced) and I have do do the same but with a Linux server, so I need that the same .NET applications to connect to this server to retrieve the data in the same way that they do now with MSSQL (service reference). So I need to rewrite the WCF service to a new technology that could be hosted in Linux. I know for sure that I have to learn a new technology to do that but I would like to be sure I choose the right one. These are my actual skills :
- Writing C# code
- Writing VB.NET code
- SQL and MySQL
- Some Python basics
This is what I have done so far :
- Build a Linux test machine with Debian distro and installed Mono and .Net Core
- Installed MariaDb database and built table schema
Do you think that ServiceStack could be a good choice to fit my needs? If so, what are the suggested steps to getting startet with it? Thanks!