I'm on Ubuntu Linux Server 20.04 and this is my first time pushing something to Docker so I just created a dummy container locally and it worked. Following some tutorials online, the hello-world example also works just fine.
Here's what I've tried:
I create a repo online
- I've tried all of this for both public and private repos.
- I just have a stardard account, this is not an organization.
docker login(Which succeeds)- I've also tried
docker login -u <username> - I've tried with and without the
passprogram (Both succeed in logging in) - To make sure it's not reporting a false"success" message I tried using an incorrect password and it failed accordingly so the login appears to work.
- I've also tried
docker tag <local repo name>:latest <username>/<online repo name>:v1- I've tried a myriad of other ways such as the following but they all produce the same error
docker tag <local repo name>:latest <username>/<repo name>:latestdocker tag <local repo name> <username>/<repo name>:latestdocker tag <local repo name>:latest <username>/<repo name>:v1docker tag <local repo name> <username>/<repo name>:v1docker tag <local repo name>:latest <username>/<repo name>docker tag <local repo name> <username>/<repo name>
docker push <username>/<online repo name>:v1- I've also tried
docker push <username>/<online repo name>
- I've also tried
This is the output
The push refers to repository [docker.io/<username>/<online repo name>]
3c8373fcfed2: Preparing
dc881c014b38: Preparing
933337b6e971: Preparing
10e1cb1c03c2: Preparing
770786057cc0: Preparing
570175f149e2: Waiting
3e207b409db3: Waiting
denied: requested access to the resource is denied
At this point I've just given up, I don't understand why it's being denied and not pushing but I've gone through 2 Google pages of links trying to research this spanning 2 days so I don't know what else to do.