How can you improve the speed of the WpAllImport for updating prices?

Viewed 1801

I have installed the Wp All Import plugin on my WordPress website. I am using it to update the product prices. All the prices are of type External, as it is an affiliate website. I have around 44,000 products and the way I update them using the plugin is downloading the CSV using the URL option and setting the plugin to only update "regular price" and "sale price".

On the server side, it doesn't seem to be any issue. As the import is running, it doesn't even reach 10% of its characteristics. The WP_OPTIONS table has only 7000 elements, so it's not bloated, as it mentions in the plugin docs. I also scheduled the import jobs on the cron in the server and i am running the processing URL every two minutes.

It processes around 2000 products in 4.5 hours and that is too slow. I can't find any more advice on how to improve the update speed. I didn't think it will be a problem, as I am only updating two fields: regular price and sale price.

2 Answers

Hard to say.

Did you try disabling the do_action calls in wp_insert_post during import feature (as the docs recommend)?

In Manage Imports ▸ Import Settings ▸ Advanced Options you can enable the Increase speed by disabling do_action calls in wp_insert_post during import feature.

Another thing you can try is to run an import for 1 record and print all queries to the log file. Could give you a clue. More info in this question.

After a lot of testing and talking with the hosting support team, I managed to lower the processing time. Initially, as stated in the question, it was around 2000 products updated in 4.5H. Now it updates 2400 products in 2H.

What I did is add the code below to the .htaccess file:

<IfModule LiteSpeed>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule .* - [E=noabort:1, E=noconntimeout:1]
</IfModule>

Hope this helps someone struggling with the same problem :)

Don't know if it can get better than this, but I will try and update here if I manage to do anything else.

All the best!

Related