Trial watermark when installing ExtJs 7 GPL version

Viewed 1360

I have installed ExtJS 7 GPL version following the instructions received by email

npm login --registry=https://sencha.myget.org/F/gpl/npm/ --scope=@sencha
npm install -g @sencha/ext-gen
ext-gen app -a -t moderndesktop -n ModernApp
cd modern-app
npm start

When running npm start, I have the following message in the terminal

[ext]: ext-webpack-plugin v7.0.0, Ext JS v7.0.0 Commercial Edition

When the app opens in the browser, there is an ExtJs Trial watermark added.

I tried to build the app with Sencha Cmd, but the result is quite the same: Sencha cmd outputs a message about GPL licencing, but the watermark is still here !

How can I properly download and install GPL version?

Note that I tried this with Ubuntu 18.04

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers

They usually forget to remove the watermark when GPL is released. It happened before in both version 5 and 6.

In order to remove it, update the file .\node_modules@sencha\ext-classic-theme-base\sass\etc\all.scss. The $ext-trial property should have a value of false!default;

$ext-trial: false!default;

If you update the NPM package you will need to set it to true again, but it did not happen to me up to now..

The GPL licence allows you to make a copy of the source, modify it, and publish it.

I published a fixed version of the affected package ext-classic-theme-base, that removes the watermark.

You can install it by adding this line under dependencies in your package.json:

"@sencha/ext-classic-theme-base": "https://github.com/lmeyer1/ext-classic-theme-base/tarball/master",

This will replace @sencha's original faulty package with the corrected one, then run npm install.

You can force an update of this package with npm install -f @sencha/ext-classic-theme-base. You might need this because this is not a versioned package.

The display of the version by the webpack plugin is wrong, because tthe webpack plugin ignores the existence of the GPL version. The code says:

  if (v._resolved == undefined) {
    v.edition = `Commercial`
  }
  else {
    if (-1 == v._resolved.indexOf('community')) {
      v.edition = `Commercial`
    }
    else {
      v.edition = `Community`
    }
  }

therefore:

[ext]: ext-webpack-plugin v7.0.0, Ext JS v7.0.0 Commercial Edition
Related