I found on (at least) Win10 that calling ::GetClipboardData() on a CF_DIBV5 created via Alt-PrtScrn (may be a synthesized format) causes the image to be modified (and basically corrupted).
For example, on the handler for ON_WM_CLIPBOARDUPDATE() the simple loop below will cause the corruption (note that you need to use debug mode so the ::GetClipboardData() is not optimized out).
To test, first don't run your app that processes the clipboard, use Alt-PrntScrn to capture data, then paste it to Paint. Now run the app that process the clipboard (with below sample below). Repeat Alt-PrntScrn process and you'll see it's different where the right side of the captured window ends up on the left and not centered in the area.
void CMainFrame::OnClipboardUpdate()
if (::OpenClipboard(AfxGetMainWnd()->m_hWnd)) {
UINT uformat=0;
while ((uformat=::EnumClipboardFormats(uformat))!=0) {
if (uformat==CF_DIBV5) {
// get the data - run in debug mode so not optimized out
HGLOBAL hglobal=::GetClipboardData(uformat);
}
}
// clean up
::CloseClipboard();
}
}
To enable the handler you need to call AddClipboardFormatListener(GetSafeHwnd()); in something like int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) then RemoveClipboardFormatListener(GetSafeHwnd()); on void CMainFrame::OnDestroy()
So is this a bug in Win10 (and other Windows Versions) or should I be doing something else that the sample isn't doing? (I know other formats exist, but the CF_DBIV5 is what I wanted).
I'm on Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.838)
Note the sample pic has right side items on left and some garbage pixels in lower left. I alt-prtscrn while app running, pasted in paint.
My resolution is 2560x1600.
Here's a link to a project that will cause the problem:



