How to specify the number maximum of points in the cluster using DBSCAN?

Viewed 1113

I know that DBSCAN have one parameter that specify the number minimum of points(min points) but I would like to restrict with the maximum number of points on a cluster? Do you know how can I do? I have investigated but i haven't found anything... For example, per cluster I only want to have a maximum of 4 points to be grouped by dbscan Thanks!

1 Answers

I think you will find everything you need in the link Aaron shared with you. Also, just so you know, clustering methodologies are unsupervised, so you don't train/test anything. You let the algo tell you the story, based on the data that is fed in. You don't know what will happen in advance. In short, with DBSCAN and also Hierarchical Clustering (but not K-Means), you do not pre-specify the number of clusters. The algo determines the optimal number of clusters for you. If you really want to control the number of clusters (min or max) you need to use a K-Means algo. Take a look at this link when you have a chance.

https://blog.cambridgespark.com/how-to-determine-the-optimal-number-of-clusters-for-k-means-clustering-14f27070048f

Related