Where to download large data set sample for Oracle

Viewed 3001

is there any place where I can download a large data set of some dummy or real-life (anonymized) data for practicing performance tuning in Oracle?

I have only found StackOverflow dumps - and I am already downloading those (tho they allegedly are for MySQL only)...

Do you have any idea where I could find such dumps?

Thank you for any help

EDIT:

Ok I found some data sources worth a try ...

2 Answers

Any data set anywhere can be used for this in Oracle.

The easiest types of data to load into Oracle are 'delimited' - the most famous of which is known as 'CSV'

You can then build a SQLLoader scenario or External Table to load a massive amount of data - hundreds of gigabytes or more, OR you can use a GUI like Oracle SQL Developer to load the rows into a new or existing table.

I talk about both approaches here. It says 'Excel' but CSV works much the same way.

I've used my own data for this. I've gotten dumps from Twitter (all my Tweets), Untappd (all my beers), Strava (all my activities).

I've used public data for this - NHL stats (35,000 rows), Airports, etc. Just google 'open data' and look for CSV.

Of course I'd be remiss not to mention our own public sample data sets. We make these available on Github.

Customer Orders is the newest one (2019) enter image description here

I would recommend the (free) data generator and load generator tool SwingBench by Dominic Giles:

http://www.dominicgiles.com/swingbench.html

It can create an OLTP schema and run a bunch of transactions and queries at the concurrency level you specify. Also you can create a "TPC-DS like" schema for data warehouse query testing (and it even supports running some transactions on the DW schema if you want to).

Related