How to stop Mono "Omnisharp", the C# extension in Visual Studio code from burning up my CPU at 170%+

Viewed 1619

I've spent at least 3+ hours googling this, and everything I read in different posts online talk about IDisposable. But seeing these posts, I don't really think it would apply to me or don't know how to fix it as the answer from posts seems to be write an IDisposable then uncomment it after I finish my work. Not sure where I would write this? (which files)

It seems from opening up different files in my project, it starts to ramp up CPU utilization when I open C# files, not sure if anyone one file specifically starts the ramp up, but what's annoying is that it doesn't stop. Even if I close all the files in the IDE, the CPU still runs at 170%+ and the fan is audible. So I just quit Visual Studio Code and then re open it. I do this a couple of times a day.

Any help or advice will be very, very, very appreciated.

FYI - I was told, or read, that if I have large C# files that could do it. What's large?

If I can't find a solution, is there any other C# extension besides Omnisharp?

0 Answers
Related