Fairly new to C and I learned that addresses depend on a few things like the operating system and the CPU. I have a lab for one of my C courses that asks us if we run a program and print out the address for each variable will they have the same address and value as another student's (exact same program). They are local variables, stored on the stack. Normally I would say no but all of us are required to ssh to our University's lab and our programs are being run on the same machines with the same specs. This is where I'm confused, pretty sure that the values will be the same however, I don't know what exactly determines these addresses. Here is a piece of code from the program:
int g2(int a, int b)
{
int c = g1(a + 3, b - 11);
printf("g2: %d %d %d \n", a,b,c);
printf("a's address is %p b's address is %p C's address is %p\n", &a, &b, &c);
return c - b;
}
For me a's address is 0x7ffe9bce4a0c. Also not just looking for a homework answer, asking here because none of my Teammates have sent me their addresses which we were allowed to do. Have researched it but can't find an answer that matches this sort of situation, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!