Amplify gets an appClientId from nowhere and now can't update the stack

Viewed 707

I'm developing an application using Amplify Everything was doing fine, I have done some changes on my dev environment to include Social login, and it was working fine locally

Then when I tried to deploy using Amplify Console CD it was failing, after digging into it I found the solution here using a custom script for the amplify simplepush

Just to put this on context

After having everything working again, I was happy to push my changes to staging So, I have changed my branch, checkout the staging environment and tried to push

And then I got stuck in an error raised saying that it can't find the AppClientID

Resource Name: XXXXXXXXXXX (AWS::Cognito::UserPoolClient) Event Type: update Reason: User pool client does not exist. (Service: AWSCognitoIdentityProviderService; Status Code: 400; Error Code: ResourceNotFoundException; Request ID: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY URL: https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/home?region=us-east-1#/stacks/xxxxxxxxxxx

The URL goes to a The page you are looking for does not exist. page The client Id, true, it doesn't exist, and I have no idea why it is trying to update it

So I looked at both amplify/#current-cloud-backend/amplify-meta.json and amplify/backend/amplify-meta.json

Both contain a line of code like this (on the auth->output section):

"AppClientID": "XXXXXXXXXX"

The #current-cloud-backend is supposed to come from the cloud, so I'm not supposed to touch it, but I have no idea how it did get that code, the dev appClient is not this code either.

So, I tried changing the code to (on the amplify/backend/amplify-meta.json file): "AppClientID": "MY-VALID-ID"

and then pushing again

But the error continues, and then the amplify/backend/amplify-meta.json was updated with the wrong id again

Any idea what might be causing it and how to fix it?

0 Answers
Related