Installing workbench on ubuntu

Viewed 7646

I am trying to install workbench on ubuntu 20.04 , and I run these commands:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt install mysql-workbench

the error is :

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package mysql-workbench

I used this way to install before but now I do not know what to do , please help, I am new in ubuntu

3 Answers

try this:

download snapd service using apt-get

sudo apt-get install snapd

after that install workbench

sudo snap install mysql-workbench-community

when it's done You need to enter a command to allow this package to access the service. The command is:

sudo snap connect mysql-workbench-community:password-manager-service :password-manager-service

you have to add the repo in your source.list file :

echo "deb http://repo.mysql.com/apt/ubuntu/ eoan mysql-tools" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mysql.list

then : sudo apt update sudo apt install mysql-workbench-community

Related