I have created an app which is relied on my local server which fetch profile image and information about user..Code works fine without any problem but when I change my data in the local server (for example profile picture )the updated profile is not reflecting in the application until activity is restarted but this should not be happened because live data should reflect the change immediately as soon as changes occurred in the database.
below is the code of live data class
private MutableLiveData<Profile> profileMutableLiveData;
public void init(String token){
if (profileMutableLiveData!=null){
return;
}
repository=Repository.getInstance();
profileMutableLiveData=repository.getProfile(token);
}
public LiveData<Profile> getProfile(){
return profileMutableLiveData;
}
here is my Repository code
public class Repository {
private static Repository instance;
public static Repository getInstance(){
if (instance==null){
instance=new Repository();
}
return instance;
}
public MutableLiveData<Profile> getProfile(String token){
MutableLiveData<Profile> data=new MutableLiveData<>();
RetrofitApi retrofitApi=RetrofitInstance.getInstance();
Call<Profile> call=retrofitApi.getProfile(token);
call.enqueue(new Callback<Profile>() {
@Override
public void onResponse(Call<Profile> call, Response<Profile> response) {
Profile profile=response.body();
if (response.isSuccessful()){
data.setValue(profile);
}
}
@Override
public void onFailure(Call<Profile> call, Throwable t) {
}
});
return data;
}
}
Code in main activity to observe changes....
actually I am showing profile image in navigation drawer ... like telegram app
viewModelClass = new ViewModelProvider(this).get(ViewModelClass.class);
viewModelClass.init(token);
viewModelClass.getProfile().observe(this, new Observer<Profile>() {
@Override
public void onChanged(Profile profile) {
Picasso.get().load("http://192.168.43.216:8000" + profile.getProfile_photo()).into(profileImage);
fName = profile.getFirst_name();
lName = profile.getLast_name();
image = profile.getProfile_photo();
nameView.setText("Hello " + profile.getFirst_name());
}
});
}
The code is working fine but I want the data must be updated as soon as changes made in my server...
but data is updated when I restart the activity or opening app again after closing the activity...