I am building a Flutter app. I have a class that looks like this:
class ToDo {
String _title;
bool _done;
String get title => _title;
void set title(String newTitle) { _title = newTitle; }
bool get _done => _done
void set done(bool done) { _done = done; }
}
But the Dart linter is complaining that I should "Avoid wrapping fields in getters and setters just to be safe". However, this doesn't make much sense to me. Right now the getters are useless, but what if in the future I need to do some kind of processing before accessing a variable from outside? All I'll have to do is update the getters. However, if the properties were public and being accessed directly, I would have to update the whole codebase if some business rule changed.
So what is the point of this warning? Or, in other words, why creating "useless getters" would be a bad practice?