I have a dataset that contains identifiers that are saved as string.
I want to create a neural net that gets amongst other things these identifiers as labels and then checks if two identifier are exactly the same. If they are the same then I want to increase the loss if the network predicts wrong values.
As an example an identifier looks like this ec2c1cc2410a4e259aa9c12756e1d6e
It's always 32 values and uses hexadecimal characters (0-9a-f).
I want to work with this value in pytorch and save it as a tensor but I get the following problem
decimal_identifier = int(string_id, 16)
tensor_id = torch.ToTensor(decimal_identifier)
RuntimeError: Overflow when unpacking long
So I can't convert the value into a decimal because the values are too big.
Any idea how I could fix this?
I know that it's always 32 chars but I haven't found a char tensor in pytorch.
How can I feed this unique identifier in my neural net?