Missing artifact org.seleniumhq.selenium:selenium-java:jar:3.14.59

Viewed 5366

My pom.xml file

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>zed.exiote</groupId>
  <artifactId>AMZNtoHH</artifactId>
  <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <dependencies>
  <!-- https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.seleniumhq.selenium/selenium-java -->
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
    <artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
    <version>3.141.59</version>
</dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

I have been trying to download selenium in Eclipse using Maven but this error keeps showing up

(Missing artifact org.seleniumhq.selenium:selenium-java:jar:3.14.59)

I can't build or compile anything until this error is resolved

I'm new to Eclipse Selenium and Maven so I really don't know whats going on.

1 Answers

so you should try to check in pom.xml:

  1. Check if the correct repository is specified in the pom.xml from which the package was downloaded originally. It might happen that the url in pom.xml is not correct and you have the required jar file in the .m2 repository.
  2. Check for the artifact version, if the version specified in the pom.xml is there in the repository from where it should be downloaded.
  3. Check if the jar is missing or not. If yes, place it manually in the .m2 repository. Sometimes the jar mentioned in the pom.xml is not downloaded and it gives error.
  4. You can also try deleting the entire .m2 repository folder and run the maven build. The jars get downloaded from scratch. It might resolve the problem as well.
Related