Schedule jobs in database with nodejs

Viewed 138

I have a web application, where users can schedule different jobs. I'am not sure how to proceed with this. All the nodejs schedulers out there basically reads the schedule from within the code. I can of course implement this cron like schedule to be read from a database, but I'am not sure if its the most effective way?

If I back the solution with a database I would need to query that database, let say each second, to see if there is any schduled jobs that needs to be handled. I can't read them once a day, because new jobs might be added on a regular basis. Keeping them in memory dosen't seem very efficient either?

Am I looking for a different kind of technology to handle this, than a scheduler+database?

We are talkning around 10.000 jobs for the time being (as a maximum). They are mostly related to sending emails and/or giving notifications within the application itself.

0 Answers
Related