Receiving a Signal from a TLSR8368 with an nRF24L01+

Viewed 278

I have a remote for my lamp, which uses the TLSR8368 Chip to control the lamp over 2.4Ghz connection. As the remote has additional on/off buttons, I would really like to be able to use these for some other appliances in my house, like relays with Arduinos. Problem is of course how to detect what kind of signal it's sending, and what can receive that. The datasheet of the chip (http://wiki.telink-semi.cn/doc/ds/DS_TLSR8368-E_Datasheet%20for%20Telink%202.4GHz%20RF%20System-On-Chip%20Solution%20TLSR8368.pdf) says that the tranceiver can operate with frequency ranging from 2.400GHz to 2.4835GHz, supports 2Mbps and 250Kbps mode and the Packet looks like this: Packet-2Mbps
or like this: Packet-250kbps

So I thought, this looks pretty close to the nRF24L01+. It uses the same Frequencies, the same speed and the protocol looks like this: nRF-Packet (source: https://lastminuteengineers.com/nrf24l01-arduino-wireless-communication/).

So now I am wondering if I can make these communicate. I have, however, no clue on how to start this endavour, because there are many open variables - I don't know the precise frequency, and also, the nrf24l01 additionally needs a 'pipe' to listen to - it discards all other packages that do not contain this pipe, as it doesn't offer a promiscuous mode.

So now I'd need to try out 128*2^40 different combinations of channels and pipes, which is obviously unfeasible. After some googling, I've found this link: http://yveaux.blogspot.com/2014/07/nrf24l01-sniffer-part-1.html, which explains a packet-sniffer for the nrf24l01, but it comes with a lot of caveats and before I invest the time to try this out (and install Windows for that...) I am wondering if it's even worth the time, if what I'm trying to do is completely impossible anyway, or if there is an easier way to do this (also if this easier way means not using the nrf24l01 after all but buying another receiver-chip altogether).

Can anybody provide some help?

0 Answers
Related