My Pascal program is warning me about unreachable code

Viewed 584

Why is pascal giving me unreachable code in line (8,21) and (8,12). I don't know why its a simple code for making an octal number of 3 digits to decimal. The program is ok because is giving me the right result, but I don't know why free pascal is giving me the unreachable code in that section of the program.

I'm using 3.0.4 freepascal on Linux, I only use the command I posted to compile, I don't modify anything from freepascal I'm using the following command to compile fpc -Co -Cr -Miso -gl

PROGRAM Ejercicio21;
VAR decimal,octal,a,b,c:integer;
BEGIN
    writeln('Ingrese el valor decimal: ');
    readln(octal);
    a:=(octal div 100);
    b:=(octal mod 100) div 10;
    c:=octal mod 10;
    decimal:=(a*sqr(8)+(b*8)+c);
    writeln('Octal',octal,'=',decimal); 
END.
1 Answers

Just ignore the warning.

Really, the first line is all I wanted to say, but I got a warning from StackOverflow that my answer was too short. Ironic to get a warning when answering a question about a warning.

Related