I am having an issue with the border-image slice lines showing up on elements that have been scaled up using transform: scale() as shown below. This appears to only happen in Chrome.
Reading through other posts it seems likely this is a Chrome sub-pixel rendering issue. I have tried [backface-visibility: hidden] which did not seem to help. A solution I did find was applying [perspective:1px;] to the parent and [transform: translateZ(0);] to the element in question. While this does remove the lines, the image gets noticeably blurry(presumably because it is being re-transformed). Is using translateZ(0) currently the only (or best) way to solve the issue? I am using vanilla JS.
Below is how the border-image css is being applied
#outer {
height: 200px;
width: 200px;
border: 1px solid #333;
transform: scale(1.22)
}
#tile {
height: 50%;
width: 50%;
position: relative;
top: 50px;
left: 50px;
border: 0px solid transparent;
border-image-source: url(https://i.stack.imgur.com/Vz5jN.png);
border-image-slice: 10 fill;
border-image-width: 10px;
border-image-outset: 8px 2px 2px 8px;
box-shadow: 1px 1px 4px #666;
filter: brightness(30%)
}
<div id="outer">
<div id='tile'></div>
</div


