I am having an issue (this is probably something I am ignoring within the render cycle) maintaining the position of two different scroll views when some of its child components are updated.
I have a hierarchy of views that is like:
<ScrollView vertical scrolling ability>
...
<ScrollView horizontal and vertical scrolling ability>
...
<Matrix>
<Cell updateCellStatusHandler={handler}>
</Matrix>
...
</ScrollView>
</ScrollView>
So, the updates on the internal cells, are resetting both scrolls on cell status update and this generates a super weird experience with the user having to scroll down/left/right back to continue interacting with the Matrix of cells with a status I have.
I have tried to save the scrollOffset (x,y) using useState but if I change some cell, the state is reseted to (0,0) which is my initial state.
const [scrollOffset, setScrollOffset] = useState({
scrollX: 0,
scrollY: 0,
})
But without luck.
<ScrollView
{...props}
scrollEventThrottle={16}
ref={scrollReference}
// tslint:disable-next-line: jsx-no-lambda
onScroll={event => {
setScrollOffset({
scrollX: event.nativeEvent.contentOffset.x,
scrollY: event.nativeEvent.contentOffset.y,
})
}}
onScrollEndDrag={event => {
console.log(event.nativeEvent.contentOffset.y)
console.log(event.nativeEvent.contentOffset.x)
}}
>
{props.children}
</ScrollView>
One possible approach to solve this is to have a mechanism that allow me to save the scroll position before the update. But this will complicate a lot the communication between components, etc. By the way, the cell status update is being handled via Redux.
If some of you can bring you some light over this, would be great.
---- UPDATE 1 (Code of the panel component added) ----
Parent component is:
<View style={styles.container}>
<CustomScrollView enableResetScrollToCoords={false}>
<Section>
<WhiteContainer>
<View style={styles.rateContainer}>
<DescriptionTextStatus
statusText={getMessageForRate(availabilityRate)}
descriptionText={getDescriptionForRate(
availabilityRate,
isTeacher,
)}
icon={getImageForRate(availabilityRate)}
/>
</View>
</WhiteContainer>
</Section>
{!loggedUserIsTeacher() && <AvailabilityStart />}
<AvailabilityPanel />
<AvailabilityStatus />
<AvailabilityButtonSave />
</CustomScrollView>
</View>
Availability Panel is one of the childs
export const AvailabilityPanel: React.FunctionComponent<{}> = () => {
const panel: Cell[][] = useSelector((state: ReduxStore) => {
return get(state.entities, 'availability.panel', undefined)
})
if (panel === undefined) {
return <Nothing />
}
return (
<Section>
<WhiteContainer>
<LinearGradient
start={{ x: 0, y: 0 }}
end={{ x: 1, y: 0 }}
colors={[Palette.White, Palette.White68]}
>
<View style={styles.rateContainer}>
<DescriptionTextStatus
statusText={strings.warning}
descriptionText={strings.selectionMessage}
icon={'clock'}
/>
<View style={styles.separator} />
</View>
<View style={styles.container}>
<ScrollView
style={styles.scrollView}
directionalLockEnabled={false}
horizontal={true}
showsHorizontalScrollIndicator={false}
showsVerticalScrollIndicator={false}
>
<View style={styles.contentContainer}>
<View style={styles.weekdaysContainer}>
<PanelHeader weekdays={weekdays} />
</View>
<View style={styles.rowsContainer}>
{hours.map((hourLabel: string, index: number) => {
return (
<PanelRow
key={index}
hourLabel={hourLabel}
hoursRow={panel[index]}
rowIndex={index}
/>
)
})}
</View>
</View>
</ScrollView>
</View>
</LinearGradient>
</WhiteContainer>
</Section>
)
}
Thanks in advance.