How to fix "This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. It..." on my own plugin

Viewed 339

Saw this message at the top of my plugin today and decided I should fix that.

I updated my readme.txt file to say:

Requires at least: 5.0

Tested up to: 5.4.1

Requires PHP: 5.6

Stable tag: 1.1.8

License: GPLv2 or later

I committed changes almost 6 hours ago and it still says this message at the top. Did I miss somewhere else that I'm supposed to update to get this message to go away? I can barely find any information on how to deal with this kind of an issue.

1 Answers

Just solved the same issue, I know it's late, but hopefully can further help any other who doesn't know.

Please see the description of this issue from wordpress.org.

  • Just simply change the Tested up to from 5.4.1 to the latest version like 5.8.

And be sure to update your remote SVN by following:

  • checkout your remote svn, then edit your file, then commit your change.

This will figure the trick.

Here is user guide of SVN from wordpress.

Related