I'm hosting two applications under one website on IIS. The main application creates a session state when the user logs in. I am able to share the session between the two applications, but when I try to access the specific session variable I get a deserialization error seen below. On my second application, I load the dll (in Global.asax during start up) that it claims is missing. I even confirm that it has been loaded before accessing the session and it still throws an error. The library that's loaded is from the same directory and has the same exact assembly string that it's complaining about.
Perhaps it's loading it to a different domain of the application? Does anybody know why it's still not working? Any suggestions would be great.
(Confirmed that the DLL is properly loaded upon startup for the second app)

> [SerializationException: Unable to find assembly 'Jenzabar.Portal.Framework, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=null'.]
> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryAssemblyInfo.GetAssembly()
> +4491385
> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo
> assemblyInfo, String name) +14472268
> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap..ctor(String
> objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA,
> Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader
> objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo,
> SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable) +179
> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped
> record) +278
> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
> +914
> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler
> handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean
> isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +169
> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream
> serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean
> isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +288
> System.Web.Util.AltSerialization.ReadValueFromStream(BinaryReader
> reader) +1064
> System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.ReadValueFromStreamWithAssert()
> +68
> System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.DeserializeItem(String
> name, Boolean check) +256
> System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.get_Item(String
> name) +29
> ASP._Page_Views_Account_Login_cshtml.Execute() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\auxtest\Views\Account\Login.cshtml:25
> System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +252
> System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +148
> System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +86
> System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext
> pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +107
> System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +375
> System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1
> filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext,
> ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +88
> System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1
> filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext,
> ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775
> System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext
> controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +81
> System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass3_1.<BeginInvokeAction>b__5(IAsyncResult
> asyncResult) +188
> System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult
> asyncResult) +38
> System.Web.Mvc.<>c.<BeginExecuteCore>b__152_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +26
> System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult
> asyncResult) +68
> System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +52
> System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult
> asyncResult) +39
> System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
> System.Web.Mvc.<>c.<BeginProcessRequest>b__20_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +40
> System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult
> asyncResult) +68
> System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
> System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
> +602
> System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +195
> System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +128
