Import stops copying to table during import in SQL Server Wizard

Viewed 726

I am trying to import a .csv as a flat file through the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard. Everything seems to go fine until the end. It inadvertently stops copying after about 56k rows (the total row count is about 157k). The table gets created and the rows are filled up to row 56160. I assume this means there is no issue with the data types being brought in and when I look at the original csv, nothing seems out of the ordinary (no super long values or different data types). Could this be a storage issue? Why would it just stop?enter image description here

1 Answers

The problem here was trying to import as an .xls. Simply save the document (if its not already in that format) to an .xlsx (workbook) and import it that way. As always, check the previewer for truncation issues in the wizard before finalizing.

Related