I like to create a Dockerfile that installs all the necessary components to run python-tika inside a Docker container.
So far this is my Dockerfile:
###Get python
FROM python:3
RUN pip3 install --upgrade pip requests
RUN pip3 install python-docx tika numpy pandas
RUN mkdir scripts
ADD runner.py /scripts/
CMD [ "python", "./scripts/runner.py" ]
I build it and run the Dockerfile:
docker build -t docker-tika .
docker run docker-tika
But it complains with the following error:
[~/Documents/BERT_DV/Docker_Parser] $ docker run docker-tika
2020-05-08 13:49:52,528 [MainThread ] [INFO ] Retrieving http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/tika/tika-server/1.24/tika-server-1.24.jar to /tmp/tika-server.jar.
2020-05-08 13:50:09,742 [MainThread ] [INFO ] Retrieving http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/tika/tika-server/1.24/tika-server-1.24.jar.md5 to /tmp/tika-server.jar.md5.
2020-05-08 13:50:10,133 [MainThread ] [ERROR] Unable to run java; is it installed?
2020-05-08 13:50:10,134 [MainThread ] [ERROR] Failed to receive startup confirmation from startServer.
2020-05-08 13:50:10,271 [MainThread ] [ERROR] Unable to run java; is it installed?
2020-05-08 13:50:10,271 [MainThread ] [ERROR] Failed to receive startup confirmation from startServer.
The runner.py script is as below:
import tika
tika.initVM()
I have following two questions: 1. I read we need tika-server jar to be downloaded 2. Call to initVM() inside python script that starts the tika-server in the backgroud.
I don't know what'm missing in the. Dockerfile. Appreciate help!
I have update Docker file with Java as well and still it's complaining about Java
### 1. Get Linux
FROM alpine:3.7
### 2. Get Java via the package manager
RUN apk update \
&& apk upgrade \
&& apk add --no-cache bash \
&& apk add --no-cache --virtual=build-dependencies unzip \
&& apk add --no-cache curl \
&& apk add --no-cache openjdk8-jre
ENV JAVA_HOME=/opt/java/openjdk \
PATH="/opt/java/openjdk/bin:$PATH"
###3. Get ython
FROM python:3
RUN pip3 install --upgrade pip requests
RUN pip3 install python-docx tika numpy pandas
RUN mkdir scripts
RUN mkdir pdfs
RUN mkdir output
ADD runner2.py /scripts/
ADD sample.pdf .
CMD [ "python", "./scripts/runner2.py" ]
cat runner2.py:
#!/usr/bin/env python
import tika
from tika import parser
parsed = parser.from_file('sample.pdf')
print(parsed["metadata"])
print(parsed["content"])
[~/Documents/BERT_DV/Docker_Parser] $ docker run docker-tika
2020-05-08 14:40:23,183 [MainThread ] [INFO ] Retrieving http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/tika/tika-server/1.24/tika-server-1.24.jar to /tmp/tika-server.jar.
2020-05-08 14:41:00,480 [MainThread ] [INFO ] Retrieving http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/tika/tika-server/1.24/tika-server-1.24.jar.md5 to /tmp/tika-server.jar.md5.
2020-05-08 14:41:02,324 [MainThread ] [ERROR] Unable to run java; is it installed?
2020-05-08 14:41:02,324 [MainThread ] [ERROR] Failed to receive startup confirmation from startServer.