I have the following server class :
import express, { Request, Response } from 'express';
export default class Server {
server: any;
exp: any;
constructor() {
this.exp = express();
this.exp.get('/', (_req: Request, res: Response) => {
res.json('works');
});
}
start(): void {
this.server = this.exp.listen(3000);
}
stop(): void {
this.server.close();
}
}
I'm using supertest for end-to-end testing. I wish to start my application beforeAll tests and stop it when the tests are done.
It's easy to do that using beforAll and afterAll where I can just once instanciate the Server class and call the start and close methods.
But as I have 10+ controllers to test, I want to avoid to start and stop the server during each test file.
I found on the documentation the setupFiles and setupFilesAfterEnv but I can't stop the server since the instance is not "shared" in the two files.
This is an example of 1 test file :
import supertest from 'supertest';
describe('Album Test', () => {
let app: App;
beforeAll(async (done) => {
app = new App();
await app.setUp(); // database connection (not mentionned in the preivous example)
done();
});
afterAll(async (done) => {
await app.close();
app.server.stop();
done();
});
const api = supertest('http://localhost:3000');
it('Hello API Request', async () => {
const result = await api.get('/v1/user');
expect(result.status).toEqual(200);
...
});
});
This works totally fine but I'm duplicating this beforeAll and afterAll methods in every test file. Is there a way to declare it only once ?
Thanks