Nativescript Sidekick Error: Cannot find suitable v8 version! Android Cloud Build

Viewed 139

I try to build Android Nativescript App, with Sidekick, but always i get next error:

[20-05-06 18:46:17.245] (CLI) C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Desarrollo\NativeScript\xxxx\node_modules\nativescript-dev-webpack\snapshot\android\project-snapshot-generator.js:160
        throw new Error(noV8VersionFoundMessage);
        ^
Error: Cannot find suitable v8 version!

Only fail in Android build, build for iOS is working fine.

1 Answers

As error message say you don't have suitable java JDK. You should download java 8 from here https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jdk8-downloads.html

and select a suitable version for your operating system which is windows I think. if you don't want to install it manually you can follow nativescript documentation and use this command :

choco install adoptopenjdk --version 8.192

useful documentation links :

https://docs.nativescript.org/start/ns-setup-win

https://docs.nativescript.org/sidekick/intro/installation

and make sure java is installed and registered by running

java -version

to check if java installed and add JAVA_HOME to environment variables and use

echo %JAVA_HOME%

to check if JAVA_HOME variable is set as I show in the screenshot enter image description here

Related