Markdown Table not rendering correctly on GitHub Pages

Viewed 755

I am attempting to render the following table in Markdown on Github Pages.

---
title: "Abbreviations"
---

| Abbreviation | Definition |
|---|---|
| ADUS | Archived Data User Service |
| APC | Automatic Passenger County |
| AVL | Automatic Vehicle Location |
| DriveNET |
| FHWA | Federal Highway Administration |
| iPeMS |Iteris Performance Management System |
| ITS | Intelligent Transportation Systems |
| MPO | Metropolitan Planning Organization |
| ODOT | Oregon Department of Transportation |
| PSU | Portland State University |
| RITIS | Regional Integrated Transportation Information System |
| VHT | Vehicle Hours Traveled |
| VMT | Vehicle Miles Traveled |
| VPLPH | Vehicles per Lane per Hour |

The table previously rendered correctly, then stopped after some changes were made. I reverted to the format which renders correctly on the live version of the project, and it continues not to render as a table, but rather as a poorly formatted chunk of text with a lot of pipes. In the current live version of the markdown file, there is no blank line between the --- following title and the table header, and again, it works fine. Other answers on StackOverflow suggested that tables require a blank line above the table header in order to render correctly, so I added that to this markdown file, but it still fails to render as a table. I have also tried two blank lines.

The markdown flavor is CommonMarkGhPages - which is different than the live version, however it was previously rendering correctly CommonMarkGhPages and no longer does so.

Any help is appreciated, I'm out of ideas.

1 Answers

Change markdown processor in _config.yml from CommonMarkGhPages to:

markdown: GFM
Related