I have an input 'A' that fetches address data from an API and auto fills inputs 'B' 'C' and 'D' based on that data, but after the inputs have been filled and I try to send that form to my backend, none of those auto filled inputs are sent, just the input 'A' is sent. Furthermore, if i manually edit any of the inputs (remove a char, add a space, change the value) the ones that I edited get sent to my backend.
I'm using a reducer to store the state. The inputs that I'm using are all just normal react-admin TextInput components.
Here's the code:
const AutoFill = () => {
const [searching, setSearching] = useState(false);
const [error, setError] = useState(false);
const [stateData, setStateData] = useReducer(
(state, newState) => ({ ...state, ...newState }),
{
cep: ' - ',
address: '',
number: '',
neighborhood: '',
city: '',
state: '',
}
);
const FormControl = (event) => {
const { name, value } = event.target;
setStateData({ [name]: value });
};
const SearchControl = (event) => {
const { name, value } = event.target;
setStateData({ [name]: value });
if (value && !value.includes('_')) {
setSearching(true);
setStateData({ state: '...' });
setStateData({ city: '...' });
setStateData({ neighborhood: '...' });
setStateData({ address: '...' });
cep(value.replace('-', '')).then(
(result) => {
setSearching(false);
setError(false);
setStateData({ state: result.state });
setStateData({ city: result.city });
setStateData({ neighborhood: result.neighborhood });
setStateData({ address: result.street });
},
() => {
setSearching(false);
setError(true);
setStateData({ state: '' });
setStateData({ city: '' });
setStateData({ neighborhood: '' });
setStateData({ address: '' });
}
);
}
};
return (
<>
<TextInput
source="cep"
error={error}
value={stateData.cep}
onChange={SearchControl}
/>
<TextInput
source="address"
disabled={searching}
value={stateData.address}
onChange={FormControl}
/>
<TextInput
source="number"
disabled={searching}
value={stateData.number}
onChange={FormControl}
/>
<TextInput
source="neighborhood"
disabled={searching}
value={stateData.neighborhood}
onChange={FormControl}
/>
<TextInput
source="state"
disabled={searching}
value={stateData.state}
onChange={FormControl}
/>
<TextInput
source="city"
disabled={searching}
value={stateData.city}
onChange={FormControl}
/>
</>
);
};
export const Create = (props) => {
return (
<Create {...props}>
<SimpleForm>
<NumberInput label="Value" source="price" />
<AutoFill />
<RichTextInput label="Description" source="description" />
</SimpleForm>
</Create>
);
};