AdMob rewarded video ad shows impressions, but no earnings, what is it?

Viewed 3439

See the problem that is happening: the user can watch award-winning ads to unlock a premium feature in the app. It turns out that several award-winning videos have been watched, users are earning the premium feature, but on the AdMob panel, the rewarded video always appears $ 0.00, it is the only ad unit that never appears to win. That month there were 87 impressions, and $ 0.00 in earnings. Is currently being loaded for users and is not configured as testDevice.

Note: I am not using the latest version of the admob sdk, because when I put the dependency on the latest version there are several errors with other dependencies that I was unable to correct, because the latest version of admob is from androidx, and I don't use androidx. When I tried to switch to androidx, my entire application got errors.

My question is: since Google Admob doesn’t want to generate earnings for me with the rewarded video and is getting 100% of the profits from this ad, I can exchange the rewarded video ad for an interstitial ad and unlock the prize only if the user clicks in the interstitial ad? This would be prompted to the user.

Edit: I managed to update the project for androidx and the dependence of admob for the latest version, and after a while, I see that it still doesn't give any revenue.

In this post there are several people talking who have the same problem and no answer was given: https://support.google.com/admob/thread/1873844?hl=en

3 Answers

I'm having the same issue, but with Interstitial ads. If you implemented a rewarded video, then stay with it over the Interstitial ad, since Admob doesn't count as legitimate impression if a closes the interstitial ad with a back button. With a rewarded ad, you can at least know when the ad was legitimately closed and generate an ad token. Point is to avoid Admob Interstitial ads and to use rewarded ad instead.

If that doesn't work, then go with Mopub. I feel that Admob is stealing revenue from the developer, especially on interstitial ad.

You get paid if someone clicks on your ad, not for impressions.

If you have very little impressions, its likely that not a single person clicked on your ad generating you a whole 0.00$.

Thats why some apps like to TAILER ads so they are more relevant and users click them more.

The way you get paid the most is if someone clicks your ads. If people only watch the ad without clicking it you can get paid as little as 1 Cent for 2000 impressions (according to Google)

By the way, prompting users to click on your ads (as you were thinking with the interstitial ads) is considered fraud and your account will get terminated if you do this.

Related