I know , in KSQL we can set offset to earliest or latest But can we get data from specific time period i.e I need to get data inserted to a topic from 06-May-2020 ?
I know , in KSQL we can set offset to earliest or latest But can we get data from specific time period i.e I need to get data inserted to a topic from 06-May-2020 ?
In ksqlDB you can query from the beginning (SET 'auto.offset.reset' = 'earliest';) or end of a topic (SET 'auto.offset.reset' = 'latest';).
You cannot currently (0.8.1 / CP 5.5) seek to an arbitrary offset.
What you can do is start from the earliest offset and then use ROWTIME in your predicate to identify messages that match your requirement.
SELECT *
FROM MY_SOURCE_STREAM
WHERE ROWTIME>=1588772149620
Note that this scans through sequentially so depending on how much data you have in your topic may not be particularly fast.