Uncaught TypeError: Cannot convert object to primitive value(zone-evergreen.js:171)

Viewed 17240

In Angular 9 (using Bootstrap 4 and Jquery 3.5.1). when clicking on bootstrap collapse button, I am getting an error on my browser console instead of a dropdown menu.

I really don't know where exactly the error came from.

Can't convert object to primitive value(zone-evergreen:171).


Uncaught Type Error: Cannot convert object to primitive value(zone-evergreen.js:171 )
    at RegExp.test (<anonymous>)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (bootstrap.bundle.min.js:6)
    at Function.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at S.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at S.fn.init.a._jQueryInterface [as collapse] (bootstrap.bundle.min.js:6)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (bootstrap.bundle.min.js:6)
    at Function.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at S.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (bootstrap.bundle.min.js:6)
    at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.min.js:2)
4 Answers

This issue seems to be related to jQuery 3.5.0. It is a breaking change that affects many plugins. Temporarily reverting to a previous version of jQuery (like 3.4.1) fixed the issue for me.

Source: jQuery Issue #4665

Update:

jQuery 3.5.1 reverts the breaking change and should be safe to use.

Announcement: jQuery 3.5.1 Released: Fixing a Regression

They have a fix for that now (see https://github.com/jquery/jquery/commit/65e909844c2d064606217b47e92eff12ebdb79de) if you are up to building your own jquery using node/npm then just download the commit on the link above and build it.

What I did was to edit my jquery.min.js (3.5.0)

Steps I did:

  1. search for the line: return t||(t=Object.create(null) it's in Line 2,Column 32856
  2. replace Object.create(null) with {}

and that's it so far so good

At today's answer, jquery already fix the issue and you don't have to do any regression.

Just uninstall jquery, install it again and the latest 3.5.1 version, released on 2020-05-04, should fix the problem - for me it did, and I'm also using Angular 9 and BS4*
A beauty - back to normal.

Just found this issue too, so moved from 3.5.0 to 3.5.1 (latest) and error is gone

Related