I'm writing my assignment that implements some functions of matrix. Here is a simplified version in order to fix on the problem.
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
template<class T>
class CMyMatrix{
private:
int row;
int col;
T** elements;
public:
CMyMatrix(int row, int col);
void SetMatrix(T* data, int row, int col);
friend void DisplayMatrix(CMyMatrix<T> matrix);
};
template<class T>
CMyMatrix<T>::CMyMatrix(int row,int col) {
this->row = row;
this->col = col;
this->elements = new T* [row];
for (int i = 0;i < row;i++) {
this->elements[i] = new T[col];
}
}
template<class T>
void CMyMatrix<T>::SetMatrix(T* data, int row, int col) {
this->row = row;
this->col = col;
if (elements != 0) delete[]elements;
this->elements = new T* [row];
for (int i = 0;i < row;i++) {
this->elements[i] = new T[col];
}
for (int i = 0;i < row * col;i++) {
elements[i / col][i % col] = data[i];
}
}
template<class T>
void DisplayMatrix(CMyMatrix<T> matrix) {
for (int i = 0;i < matrix.row;i++) {
for (int j = 0;j < matrix.col;j++) {
cout << matrix.elements[i][j] << " ";
if (j == matrix.col - 1) {
cout << endl;
}
}
}
}
int main(){
CMyMatrix<int> matrix(2, 3);
int a[6] = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6};
matrix.SetMatrix(a, 2, 3);
DisplayMatrix(matrix);
return 0;
}
Our teacher said we have to make "DisplayMatrix" a global function so it has to be a friend function of class CMyMatrix(If I don't want to write more functions). But there is an exception like this.
Code: LNK2019; Description: unresolved external symbol "void _cdecl DisplayMatrix(class CMyMatrix)"(?DisplayMatrix@@YAXV?$CMyMatrix@H@@@Z) referenced in function _main; Line 1;
File:CMyMatrix.obj
I notice that the "DisplayMatrix" in class CMyMatrix don't change color in my IDE, so I think there might be some problems. But I don't know how to solve it. I would appreciate it if someone could help me.