I'm trying to deploy an angular app on a remote server using nodejs and nginx. I built the application and I serve it with a node app. Nginx acts here as a reversed proxy. I can acess the website and navigate without an issue. However, when I try to refresh the current page, my browser canno't find it anymore : response get a 404.
But if I enter the domain in the url bar, I can access again to the website.
Does anyone know where I made a mistake ?
Here's the code and the config for the node app and for nginx :
var express = require('express');
var app = express(); // create our app w/ express
var morgan = require('morgan'); // log requests to the console (express4)
var bodyParser = require('body-parser'); // pull information from HTML POST (express4)
var methodOverride = require('method-override'); // simulate DELETE and PUT (express4)
const mongoose = require("mongoose");
const dotenv = require("dotenv");
const mustacheExpress = require("mustache-express");
dotenv.config();
// configuration =================
mongoose.connect(process.env.DB_CONNECT, { useNewUrlParser: true }, () => {
console.log("connected to DB !");
});
app.use(express.static("../front-end/dist/website"));
app.use(morgan('dev')); // log every request to the console
app.use(bodyParser.urlencoded({'extended':'true'})); // parse application/x-www-form-urlencoded
app.use(bodyParser.json()); // parse application/json
app.use(bodyParser.json({ type: 'application/vnd.api+json' })); // parse application/vnd.api+json as json
app.use(methodOverride());
// Middleware
app.use(express.json());
// Templating
app.engine("html", mustacheExpress());
//import routes
const authRoute = require("./routes/auth");
const devisRoute = require("./routes/devis");
const messageRoute = require("./routes/message");
const actuRoute = require("./routes/actu");
//Routes middlewares
app.use("/api/user", authRoute);
app.use("/api/sendDevis", devisRoute);
app.use("/api/message", messageRoute);
app.use("/api/actu", actuRoute);
// listen (start app with node server.js) ======================================
app.listen(3000);
server {
root /var/www/domain.com/html;
index index.html index.htm index.nginx-debian.html;
server_name domain.com www.domain.com;
location / {
proxy_pass http://localhost:3000;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Connection 'upgrade';
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_cache_bypass $http_upgrade;
}
listen [::]:443 ssl ipv6only=on; # managed by Certbot
listen 443 ssl; # managed by Certbot
ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.com/fullchain.pem; # m anaged by Certbot
ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.com/privkey.pem; # managed by Certbot
include /etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-nginx.conf; # managed by Certbot
ssl_dhparam /etc/letsencrypt/ssl-dhparams.pem; # managed by Certbot
}
server {
if ($host = www.domain.com) {
return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
} # managed by Certbot
if ($host = domain.com) {
return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
} # managed by Certbot
listen 80;
listen [::]:80;
server_name domain.com www.domain.com;
return 404; # managed by Certbot
}