Revert IntelliJ IDEA font to pre-2020.1 default font

Viewed 8197

I upgraded to IntelliJ 2020.1, which uses the new JetBrains Mono font by default. However, I would like to switch back to using the previous default, but I don't remember the name. What was the name of the default font on pre-2020.1 versions of IntelliJ IDEA?

2 Answers

There is an official comment on the IntelliJ support site, stating the pre-2020.1 defaults per operating system are as follows:

  • Mac OS: Menlo
  • Linux: DejaVu Sans Mono
  • Windows: Consolas
  • Fallback: Monospaced

I checked the default settings on IDEA version 2019.3 on OSX, and the default font is indeed Menlo, Size 12, Line spacing 1.2.

You can configure it by going to Preferences → Editor → Font

The easiest option is to do Preferences -> Editor -> Color Schema -> Color Scheme Font

And choose "Classic Light". It will revert Font back to Menlo, size 12 and line spacing 1.2

Related