Can somebody help me troubleshoot setting up NFS share between two Centos 7 machines?
- https://www.howtoforge.com/nfs-server-and-client-on-centos-7
- https://www.unixmen.com/setting-nfs-server-client-centos-7/
I have configured the firewall and the server is working fine, I can mount the shared folder from the different (third) Centos 7 machine.
However, on this other client machine, let's call it 111.111.111.111 I cannot mount:
`mount -t nfs 255.255.255.255:/var/nfsshare /some/existing/folder`
(I get mount.nfs: Connection timed )
When I run tcpdump alongside, I get:
[root@111.111.111.111 ~]# tcpdump -i eth0 -n host 255.255.255.255
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 262144 bytes
13:45:35.795666 IP 111.111.111.111.1015 > 255.255.255.255.nfs: Flags [S], seq 221559787, win 29200, options [mss 1460,sackOK,TS val 2467213240 ecr 0,nop,wscale 7], length 0
13:45:36.797428 IP 111.111.111.111.1015 > 255.255.255.255.nfs: Flags [S], seq 221559787, win 29200, options [mss 1460,sackOK,TS val 2467214242 ecr 0,nop,wscale 7], length 0
...
The client CAN ping the server.
rpcinfo -p 161.53.19.149
gives:
rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Remote system error - Connection timed out
However, I can telnet from the client to both 111 and 2049 ports.
From what I've read this should be a firewall issue, but apparently it is not, as it doesn't work even if I disable the firewall on the server (or even at the client).
How should I troubleshoot this next?