I am trying to learn Kubernetes and so I installed Minikube on my local Windows 10 Home machine and then I tried installing the kubectl. However so far I have been unsuccessful in getting it right. So this what I have done so far: Downloaded the kubectl.exe file from https://storage.googleapis.com/kubernetes-release/release/v1.18.0/bin/windows/amd64/kubectl.exe
Then I added the path of this exe in the path environment variable as shown below:

However this didn't work when I executed kubectl version on the command prompt or even on pwoershell (in admin mode)
Next I tried using the curl command as given in the docs - https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/tools/install-kubectl/#install-kubectl-binary-with-curl-on-windows
However that too didn't work as shown below:

Upon searching for answers to fix the issue, I stumbled upon this StackOverfow question which explained how to create a .kube config folder because it didn't exist on my local machine. I followed the instructions, but that too failed.
So right now I am completely out of ideas and not sure whats the issue here. FYI, I was able to install everything in a breeze on my Mac, however Windows is just acting crazy.
Any help would be really helpful.

