I am completing a homework assignment (I can't post the code because of this), and I get this runtime error very infrequently:
* stack smashing detected *: terminated Aborted (core dumped)
When I run the executable again after, and everything works fine. Is there a reason why this error only shows up sometimes? For reference, the assignment I am trying to complete has us loading data from files into two vectors, and conducting binary and linear searches on the data, to see if a data from vector 1 appears in vector 2.
Thank you!
EDIT: Additional info: When I am getting this error, nothing about the input data changes. I could run the exact same executable, with the exact same input data one time and have it work, run it a second time, get the stack smashing error, and then run the exact same thing, and have it work fine again.