I am new to microservices and want to understand what is the best way I can implement below behaviour in microservices deployed on Kubernetes :
There are 2 different K8s clusters. Microservice B is deployed on both the clusters.
Now if a Microservice A calls Microservice B and B’s pods are not available in cluster 1, then the call should go to B of cluster 2.
I could have imagined to implement this functionality by using Netflix OSS but here I am not using it.
Also, keeping aside the inter-cluster communication aside for a second, how should I communicate between microservices ?
One way that I know is to create Kubernetes Service of type NodePort for each microservice and use the IP and the nodePort in the calling microservice.
Question : What if someone deletes the target microservice's K8s Service? A new nodePort will be randomly assigned by K8s while recreating the K8s service and then again I will have to go back to my calling microservice and change the nodePort of the target microservice. How can I decouple from the nodePort?
I researched about kubedns but seems like it only works within a cluster.
I have very limited knowledge about Istio and Kubernetes Ingress. Does any one of these provide something what I am looking for ?
Sorry for a long question. Any sort of guidance will be very helpful.