Am using macvim 8.2.319 (installed it by running the downloaded dmg file) on macOS Catalina (10.15.4).
Trying installing NERDTree and liteline through vim plug, but nothing seems to be working...
Using vim plug, I created the autoload dir inside:
~/.vim/autoload
And then issued the following command:
curl -fLo ~/.vim/autoload/plug.vim --create-dirs \
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/junegunn/vim-plug/master/plug.vim
My .gvimrc file:
set nu
syntax on
if has("gui_running")
if has("gui_gtk2")
set guifont=Inconsolata\ 12
elseif has("gui_macvim")
set guifont=JetBrains\ Mono\ Regular:h14
elseif has("gui_win32")
set guifont=Consolas:h11:cANSI
endif
endif
colorscheme pencil
set background=light
let g:airline_theme = 'pencil'
call plug#begin('~/.vim/plugged')
Plug 'itchyny/lightline.vim'
Plug 'preservim/nerdtree'
call plug#end()
map <C-t> :NERDTreeToggle<CR>
When I try to load it using either:
. .gvimrc
or
source .gvimrc
It outputs the following error:
-bash: .gvimrc: line 20: syntax error near unexpected token `('
-bash: .gvimrc: line 20: `call plug#begin('~/.vim/plugged')'
Also, opened up a new Terminal window and it still doesn't work...
When I run macvim by doing this:
gvim Hello.py
The line numbers are set but I can't see liteline anywhere (I did do a :PlugInstall and :PlugUpdate).
When I try to open NERDTree by clicking on control t, it states this:
E492: Not an editor command: NERDTreeToggle
By, the way, I don't have a .vimrc file created...
Why are the NERDTree and liteline plug-ins not working on macvim?