I can't run vue cli in Ubuntu - Error: Unable to access jarfile /snap/vue/1/jar/vue-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Viewed 12849

I am trying to install vue cli for the first time.

I tried using npm install -g @vue/cli and yarn global add @vue/cli and it seems to install correctly.

But if I run vue create my-project or vue --version, I get the following error:

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel
openjdk version "1.8.0_242"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_242-8u242-b08-0ubuntu3~18.04-b08)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.242-b08, mixed mode)
Error: Unable to access jarfile /snap/vue/1/jar/vue-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

My operative system is Ubuntu.

6 Answers

I had the same problem, to solve:

  1. Remove the vue using snap
sudo snap remove vue
  1. Then install vue globally via npm or yarn
npm install -g @vue/cli

OR

yarn global add @vue/cli

I had the same problem as mentioned but it's due to me not giving administrator privilege to the installation. Therefore, I had to give an administrator privilege to the installation by typing:

sudo npm install -g @vue/cli

Then when I need to create the Vue project I type

sudo vue create <project_name>

and it works fine.

I used these commands:

sudo snap remove vue
sudo npm install -g @vue/cli

Then created the Vue project:

sudo vue create <project_name>

let's try sudo snap remove vue you will get something like: "vue removed", then try: vue in the terminal and see if it works ! h

This solution worked for me on my Ubuntu system:

npm:

sudo snap remove vue && npm install -g @vue/cli

Yarn:

sudo snap remove vue && yarn global add @vue/cli

Then reopen your terminal.

I fixed that using the vue-init command rather than vue init (which I've read that was the correct one). The entire command used was:

vue-init webpack-simple your-project-name

Then Vue-cli will ask you a series of questions such as project name, description and author.

Hope that helps.

Related